Friday 6 February 2015

Park life...


Recently we have started to make the most of our local park and beautiful mere, it's about 4 miles from where we live and we have never really explored this area until this week. It's also something that costs nothing so is great if your trying to save pennies! 

We have had two lovely afternoons at the park watching the ducks and enjoying the winter sunshine. Harry absolutely loves being outdoors just like his parents and he also loves animals and wildlife, so everyone is happy spending an afternoon like this. There are so many ducks at our local mere and they are so tame, they come right up to you to see if you have any bread. 


This is a picture that my husband took today of Mr and Mrs Duck aka Trevor and Mavis. We actually think that Mr Duck looks like he is smiling. 
There are also 5 geese wondering around, I'm quite nervous of them after being bitten on the bottom by a goose when I was just two years old... I still have the scar so I hang well back, although Harry and Matthew get very close to them to take pictures and enjoy how cute and comical they are! 


And of course there is a play ground with all manor of things that I'm sure Harry will adore once he is toddling about, but for now he enjoys playing on the swings. 

Do you have a nice local park to go to? I'm quite ashamed that I have lived in this area for 13 years and I have only just discovered what a lovely afternoon you can have there. I look forward to more walks and picknicks there over the next few months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment