Friday 22 January 2016

Harry's 18 month update.


So this monkey is now 20 months and I've only just got round to writing my blog again, so here is Harry's 18 month update, luckily I wrote things down when he was 18 months so this post should t be to vague. 

The biggest thing to happen at 18 months is that Harry now sleeps through the night consistently, this has been the most amazing breakthrough for all three of us because let's be honest sleep is so important and lack of it can send you to hell and back. The thing that cracked it was no more nighttime milk, this was so hard as Harry has always needed me to feed him to sleep despite trying various different self settling methods. However it seemed that at 18 months Harry was able to cope emotionally with a little bit of cry it out and no more boobie. This also meant that when he did wake up that my husband could attend to him and I finally had some sleep. 

The next big milestone was giving up breastfeeding completely, this was so emotional for both of us and I think Harry coped better than me. But by the time he was nearly 19 months there was no more breastfeeding. There were no tears from Harry but plenty from me. 

Harry's speach has also come on in leaps and bounds and he is saying so many words, Doggy, that, two, there, yes, no are just a few. Listening to his speach develop is so exciting and I'm loving how he points and chats about everything. 

Something else that has become clear in his 18th month is that he isn't a baby anymore he is a proper little person, he has his own ideas and preferences, he knows what he wants and how he wants it, this can be challenging to deal with but it's wonderful to watch his character develop. 

His routine has changed since he was 18 months but it still hasn't really settled into a predictable pattern, in fact I think the days of predictable routines are over. Harry is on the go running everywhere constantly, he never stops, he looks for the next step in whatever we are doing before he has finished the first, he's clever and has a great sense of humour! 
He's not at all shy about saying what he wants to do and has become so independent. His little character is blossoming and I'm so glad that I'm here to watch him grow and develop along the way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment