Thursday 17 March 2016

Being a woman...

Firstly as always I apologise for the fact I haven't blogged in so long and for the fact that whenever I do blog this is the first sentence. I suppose I just haven't felt like I wanted too, and as this is supposed to be something I do to enjoy and as a release almost, I guess that's ok... 

However I have recently found that I am feeling passionate about a topic other than my family and the latest steam mop on the market. (Yes I am that sad) 

I'm passionate about women supporting each other, it would seem that not many do this... For me personally I love being a woman in this day and age, for all the wonderful things being a woman gives you and the number one for me is to carry and then give birth and raise a child, for me nothing can top that. Women are great! We can now do pretty much whatever we want within reason and that is so fabulous, we don't quite have equality but it's certainly on the way, in many parts of the world, many other parts leave a lot to be desired. 

So in this wonderful day and age where women have a "choice" about their destiny why is it that every single time I look on a certain form of social media that I see women tearing strips off one another! Are we meant to not build each other up? I come from a long line of independent, strong women who build each other up, the friends I have that are women only build each other up so why on earth should we feel the need to tear strips off other women, that could be in our head or chatting to friends about the mum who looked a bit flustered at playgroup this week. 

Yes I'm currently a stay at home mum... Because if was the choice that my husband and I made for our family, I don't have independence as I rely so let on my husband to support me financially (and for that I'm very greatfull) however that doesn't make me any less of an independent woman... I had a choice and choice is what it's all about... 

We are living in a time where women have to have if ALL! We have to be sexy, but not too much that's slutty, we have to work and have kids and if we only do one of those then we are judged again, we have to wax and shave fucking everywhere! Look presentable at all times, be good wives and amazing mothers, keep the house immaculate and have tea on the table, and play with the children, do homework, run the house and be sexually addiquate... Surely with doing all these things we as women should be supporting each other... 

My husband often calls me a feminist , and I suppose I am, I mean who wouldn't be on their own side? So why aren't all women? 

Anyway congratulations if you made it to the end of quite frankly a bit of a rant ... Keep being fabulous x

No comments:

Post a Comment