Wednesday 7 January 2015

Current daily routine

I have always enjoyed reading daily routines on various different blogs so I thought that I would give it a go and write my daily routine. I would just like to say that this is just the routine if it's a normal Monday-Friday day when my husband is at work. Obviously the routine is different at weekends or holidays.

7-7.30.
Wake up and either go to Harry who is already awake or I wake him, I don't like to let him sleep longer as it then puts the whole day out of rhythm! 
I then go downstairs turn on the lights and open the blinds, arrange some toys for Harry to play with while I put the laundry on and empty the dishwasher. 

8.30.
Breakfast.. I always try to eat all my meals with Harry or Harry and Matthew if he is home from work. I was brought up to always sit at the table and talk about plans for the day etc. 
at the moment Harry is having half a slightly mashed banana and a baby biscuit or rusk for breakfast, I have porridge with half a banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon a cup of tea and a pint of water. 

9-9.30.
Nap time! I give Harry a milk feed (I am still breastfeeding) and then put him in his cot, he is usually still awake, he will cry for a couple of minuets and then go to sleep. 
Now I run around like a mad woman and tidy the house, clean the kitchen and bathroom,  vacuum and have a shower. This usually takes me just over an hour, I then either write a blog post, play with the dogs, do any extra cleaning like the fridge or even some cooking if I can prepare for the evening supper.

11.
Harry wakes up and I go up get him dressed make the beds and give him another milk feed. We then go and play for a while before I prepare lunch. 

12 .
Lunch time, Harry is currently having either some fruit puree or one of Ella's kitchen baby food pouches. I was very negative about these pre made baby foods however Harry won't eat anything I make for him especially if it contains meat! Not sure what that says about my cooking! 
Generally I have either a bagel with ham and cheese or tuna a few slices of cucumber and a few cherry tomatoes and a yoghurt for pudding. 

1.30
Usually around this time Harry will either take another nap at home or we will go out and he will sleep on the journey, if we are at home this is the time where I have a cup of tea or coffee and read. He will nap for about 90 minuets.

3.
As soon as Harry wakes up he has a nappy change and a milk feed, then we head out for a walk with our three dogs. Tilly bongo, Kai and jake. They are Labradors that live outside (in an insulated kennel) all three of them are working dogs so need plenty of exercise. 

4. 
By now my husband is normally home and he plays with Harry while I get dinner on, we aim to eat around 5.30 (ish) 

5.30
Dinner is served! This is one of my favourite times of the day, all three of us eating together talking and making Harry giggle. It's quality time, no phones, no TV, no interruptions. Absolute bliss! If not a little messy! 

6.15 
Harry has his bath and a bedtime story.

7pm 
Harry's bedtime! He has a milk feed and then gets put down in his cot in his own bedroom. He usually talks to his teddy bears for 5 minutes before falling asleep. 

7.30 
Our time! This time is treasured, just me and my husband, time for chatting watching soaps (unfortunately I'm addicted to emmerdale and eastenders) or just generally relaxing. This time for parents is bliss. 

10.30
Bedtime, by this time I'm exhausted so it's off to bed and ready to start the day all over again. 

I hope that you have enjoyed reading my daily routine, I'd love to hear yours, please leave a comment! 

2 comments:

  1. You have a fantastic routine with Harry, and Mathew may I add...
    This is why we as mums should never say " I'm just a mum "
    I truly don't feel unless you are a mother you can understand the daily routine,
    It's truly great this blog, so mums don't feel like it's just them who does monotonous routines,
    It really is the changes in our children and watching them grow/develop that makes it all worth while.
    I only breastfeed until 6 months with 4 of my children due to work and Uni, it's the best start but can't be shared with partner so night times are us lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I certainly feel fulfilled being a wife and a mother. To me there's nothing better! Gosh 4 children! You must be super mum!

      Delete