Tuesday 6 January 2015

My first baby...



I thought I would do a blogpost on my first baby... Well fur baby anyway! I've owned Demi my gorgeous Irish draft x Dutch warmblood mare. I've now owned Demi for 10 years! She is the product of my blood, sweat and tears. When I got Demi I was 16 and she was 6, Demi was a real handful, she bucked, reared, bolted and basically did anything she could to try and kill me! I was a fairly experienced rider at 15/16 and wasn't scared of anything, until Demi came into my life.

Demi came to me after my first pony - a trusty new Forrest pony called twiggy. Had died, I was as you can imagine heartbroken, and I most certainly didn't handle it in the best plops single way! However I had found a horse to go and view to buy to take my mind of things. Off we went to try this horse out, she was lovely but really didn't light that spark that I was looking for. When we got back to the yard I noticed a slightly crazy looking horse, I wondered over and instantly fell in love. The owner said that she was also for sale and that I could try her if I wanted... So I did! I fell off twice and fell in love, we took Demi home that same day. 

We have had our ups and downs, not to mention trips to A&E! But we are partners, when I ride her I feel like there's nothing I couldn't do. She has been therapy, a confident and at many times my only friend. I could never part with her, she is on loan while Harry is small, but I look forward to having her back one day and continuing our journey. 

10 years on our lives have changed a bit, Demi is with a lovely loan home (I could never sell her) so that I can enjoy being a mummy to a non fur baby, I miss her and all the time I used to spend with her, but Harry and my husband come first, although I look forward to having her home one day. Demi is now a safe good natured horse, she is kind and loving a little crazy and most definitely a drama queen! 

       (Sorry this pic was taken on my phone hence bad quality) 

I hope that you have enjoyed this post, please let me know what you think and if you would like to hear anything else on my blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment