Sunday 18 January 2015

Mummy Must Have's (0-9 months)



Hi everyone I'm so sorry that I haven't blogged in what seems like ages! I feel as though I have been so busy yet have nothing to show for it! I thought that I would write a blog post about the things that I have found essential with a baby from birth up to 9 months, I read a similar post while I was pregnant with Harry, some of the things I read about were great, others didn't work for me so please take what you wish from this post but, I'm sure that you other mummy's out there will have other rings that you find "essential" and please feel free to leave a comment as I always love to hear about new products!

My No.1 essential for having a baby has been my husband, without him I really couldn't be the mother that I am. He has given me so much love and support over the last 8 and a bit months. I'm also very lucky that his job and hard work has enabled me to be a stay at home mum and that is truly just the best!



 No.2 essential is this (pictured below) we call him Freddy firefly and Harry has loved him from when he was about a month old, and he still loves playing with him now. I adore these Lamaze toys, not only are they reasonably priced but they also keep babies occupied for what seems ages!



 No.3 essential is the co sleeping bed (I don't have a picture as it has now been packed away) we brought a beautiful mosses basket for harry to sleep in but he hated it! I would have such a job putting him down in it that after 3 days of persevering we stared to scan the internet for an alternative. We found our co sleeping bed on mamma's and Papa's website, although I think that mother care are also as a stockist. The bed cost around £150 and it attaches to your bed so that you can feed your baby and then simply slide them into their bed! It was a life changer and Harry slept in it right up until the week that he turned 8 months, he has since gone into his own bed in his own room without a problem! I would recommend this to anyone especially if you breast feed!

No.4 essential isn't a product but more a state of mind. RELAX!!!! Don't put pressure on yourself to be the worlds best mother! So many mums find it almost a competition, its not all mothers are in this together and it doesn't matter what you do as long as its right for your family it doesn't matter! I got very uptight in the first few weeks to have a clean house, be dressed, walk the dogs, be on top of the laundry, none of that matters! just snuggle your baby and then once you've found your feet then you can try and have a routine. So to anyone who is a new mum don't feel guilty about the housework and certainly don't compare yourself to any other mums. despite how you feel you will be doing a great job.

No.5 essential is this (pictured bellow) a jumparoo! I swore that I would not have a house full of plastic crap, but alas I do and the jumparoo although big and ugly is brilliant. Harry started to use it when he was 4 months and he still loves it now! He will happily bounce in it for an hour at a time, enough time to cook dinner our just sit and have a cup of tea! Brilliant invention! I would really recommend getting one if you haven't already.


No.6 essential is nipple cream, if you breast feed you will get through quite a bit in the first few weeks! I tried several different brands but the one I found the best is Lansinoh HPA Lanolin nipple cream, its quite expensive but its worth every penny! It was the only cream that I could find that you didn't have to wash off before feeding your baby. If you are planning on breast feeding then I would try this as it made sic a difference.


They are my 6 essentials from 0-9 months, I would love to know what you couldn't live without, please leave a comment and let me know what your essentials are.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I promise that I wont leave it so long before I blog again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment