Monday 19 January 2015

Our Wedding Day



Today I thought that i would do a non mummy post and write about our wedding day instead.
My husband (Matthew) and I got married on the 28th of September 2013,  it was a perfect day, the weather was beautiful and warm, all our guests were wonderful and the most perfect thing of all, I got to marry my best friend and soul mate.

We had a small wedding, just 26 people including us! For us we felt that we wanted it to be personal and quiet, neither myself or hubby are very sociable people so just a small gathering of close friends and family was perfect. The ceremony was held on a small estate in a beautiful barn, we wanted a shabby chic feel and little fuss. I had never dreamed of a big wedding or ever getting married at all, however when my husband and I got together (after 4 years of fancying the pants off him) I knew straight away that I wanted to marry him....luckily he felt the same!




The ceremony was beautiful, very romantic, funny at times and I don't think that anyone had a dry eye, I cried on and off through happiness and laughter the whole way through! We didn't get married until 4pm, what a wait that was! I think that if we could change one thing about the day we would have done it earlier, so we didn't have to wait so long to tie the knot!




I got ready at my parents home with two good friends, we didn't have anyone out to do our makeup but my hairdresser did wash a dry my hair along with putting flowers in my hair. Getting ready with these girls was so much fun and I loved it. Then it was a quick emotional moment with my dad before hopping into his land rover defender and off to the venue!




After the ceremony we ate cakes drank champagne and generally just enjoyed everyones company, Matthew and I just swooned over one another and enjoyed keeping our secret (I was 6 weeks pregnant with Harry) as the afternoon rolled into the evening we had a quiet walk around the estate park with our photographer, before going back to the venue for roast beef!







I hope that you have enjoyed reading about our wedding day, this and the day Harry was born will always be the best days of my life, but best of all I've been able to do it with Matthew, yes we argue sometimes and of course we get on each others nerves from time to time but none of that matters, being married to him is perfect and I look forward to us looking back on this day when we are old and grey and have lots of grandchildren.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this ❤️ It brings back lovely memories reading about your special day. Miles and I were honoured to share it with you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ella, I'm so glad you guys could share it with us! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Aww your photos are all so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth, we were actually really unhappy with our photographer but these ones are my favourite 😊 x

      Delete